Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Was getting an MBA worth it?

Was getting an MBA worth it for me?

Have you ever wondered, 
“Was it actually worth it for him to quit his job and pay to go to school for 2 whole years? What about all those costs you have to make up? Why go to school full-time instead of an Evening MBA so you can still work? Why not just try to get promoted where you already work instead? Why not buy a house instead? Why move to go to school? Will this really be worth it for them? ”
Christine and I wondered about those things.

If you’re thinking about going back to school, you also may wonder things like these:
“Can I really afford it? What if you don’t get a better job? What if your new job is lame? What if you have to move somewhere lame? What if you learn very little that is useful in the real world, like non-applicable theory? What if things aren't really better because of it?”
We wondered about those things, too.


And I’ve written the answers for me and Christine. Every week or two I'll share an answer to one of the questions above. I hope they will be useful for people who were curious about why we even did this but don't feel comfortable asking, or are considering getting a Masters of Business Administration themselves.

1 comment:

We're friends, right? Say what's on your mind.